Former Corrections Officer to Appear in Court Today After Trying to Bring in NarcoticsDecember 7, 2017
Anthony Brindisi Discusses Tax Talk Town Hall and FEMADecember 7, 2017
Cindy Chan Phillips joined us in the studio today and this is what she had us try!
- 2 beef Strip Steaks Boneless, cut 1 inch thick (about 10 ounces each)
- 16 Boston or butter lettuce leaves (about 4 to 5-inch diameter)
- 2 cups thin assorted vegetable strips, such as cucumber, red onion, carrots, bell pepper, sugar snap peas
- 1/4 cup frozen shelled edamame, thawed or frozen peas or corn, thawed
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat or regular vinaigrette (any variety)
- 1/3 cup crumbled goat or blue cheese (optional)
- 1/3 cup toasted chopped almonds, walnuts, pecans or hazelnuts (optional)
- 2 teaspoons sweet paprika
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 teaspoon coarse grind or cracked black pepper
- Combine Rub ingredients; press evenly onto beef steaks.
- Place steaks on grid over medium, ash-covered coals. Grill, covered, 11 to 14 minutes (over medium heat on preheated gas grill 11 to 15 minutes) for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
Cook’s Tip: To pan-broil steaks, preheat large nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Place steaks in skillet; cook steaks 12 to 15 minutes for medium rare (145°F) to medium (160°F) doneness, turning occasionally.
- Carve steaks into slices. Place lettuce leaves on serving platter. Evenly layer vegetables onto lettuce leaves. Top evenly with steak. Drizzle with vinaigrette; sprinkle with cheese and nuts, if desired.