State Police Investigating Meth Lab in SchuylerJanuary 12, 2018
Anthony J. Picente Jr. and Anthony Brindisi Discuss Downtown Hospital and Released EmailsJanuary 12, 2018
½ cup uncooked regular rolled oats
1½ cups plus 2 tbsp. all-purpose flour, divided
1 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1 tsp. ground ginger
1 tsp. kosher salt
Pinch of ground cloves
¾ cup granulated sugar
½ cup unsalted butter, melted and cooled
½ cup whole milk
1 large egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla extract
½ cup raisins
1 large Granny Smith, Fuji or Gala apple, peeled and diced
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- Spread oats on a rimmed baking sheet; bake in preheated oven, stirring occasionally, until oats are golden brown and smell toasty, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Stir together toasted oats and 1½ cups of the flour in a large bowl.
- Whisk in baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, salt and cloves.
- Stir in sugar, butter, milk, egg and vanilla.
- Toss together raisins, diced apple and remaining 2 tablespoons flour until fruit is well coated. Add mixture to batter, and stir to combine.
- Spoon about 3 tablespoons batter into each of the 12 baking cups.
- Bake muffins until browned and a wooden pick inserted in center of muffin comes out clean, 25 to 30 minutes.
- Cool to room temperature. Store muffins in an airtight container at room temperature up to 4 days. Split and toast muffins under the broiler or in a toaster oven to refresh.