New Traffic Signal Installed in WhitesboroAugust 11, 2017
Swimsuit-wearing Chelsea Manning photographed by Annie Leibovitz for VogueAugust 11, 2017
A unique and textured crisp with the flavors of corn muffins and blueberry jam smashed together.
5 cups fresh (or frozen, thawed) blueberries
⅓ cup sugar
2 teaspoons finely grated lemon zest
3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1 tablespoon cornstarch
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
⅔ cup all-purpose flour
⅔ cup coarse-grind cornmeal or polenta
⅓ cup sugar
1 teaspoon kosher salt
10 tablespoons chilled unsalted butter, cut into pieces
1 cup fresh corn kernels (from about 1 large ear)
- Toss blueberries, sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, cornstarch, and salt in a shallow 2-qt. baking dish.
- Preheat oven to 375°.
- Whisk flour, cornmeal, sugar, and salt in a medium bowl to combine.
- Using your hands, work butter into dry ingredients until no dry spots remain and mixture holds together when squeezed.
- Add corn and toss to evenly distribute.
- Press topping between your fingers and break into large pieces over filling.
- Bake crisp until topping is golden brown and juices are thick and bubbling, 50–60 minutes.
- Transfer to a wire rack and let cool 30 minutes before serving.
Do Ahead: Crisp can be made 1 day ahead. Store tightly covered at room temperature.