GOP Consultant O’Brien Murray Dicusses Governor Race, Re-Election and MoreFebruary 22, 2018
Samantha Colosimo-Testa Discusses Most-Recent Common Council Meeting, Taxes, and MoreFebruary 23, 2018
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 cup whole wheat flour
1 1/4 cups white sugar
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups grated carrots
1 apple – peeled, cored, and chopped
1 cup raisins
2 egg whites
1/2 cup apple butter
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons chopped walnuts
2 tablespoons toasted wheat germ
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Lightly oil 18 muffin cups, or coat with nonstick cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, egg whites, apple butter, oil and vanilla.
- In a large bowl, stir together flours, sugar, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in carrots, apples and raisins.
- Stir in apple butter mixture until just moistened.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin cups, filling them about 3/4 full.
- In a small bowl, combine walnuts and wheat germ; sprinkle over the muffin tops.
- Bake at 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) for 15 to 20 minutes, or until the tops are golden and spring back when lightly pressed.