Senator Joe Griffo Sits in to Discuss a Number of TopicsJuly 13, 2017
Architect and Utica Artspace Committee member, Bob Heins about helping get a survey out to artists.July 17, 2017
1 cup fresh raspberries
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sour cream
2 tablespoons butter, melted
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sliced almonds
1/4 cup sifted confectioners’ sugar
1 teaspoon milk
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Spray an 8 inch round cake pan with cooking spray.
- Combine raspberries and brown sugar in a bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking soda, baking powder, and salt.
- Combine sour cream, butter or margarine, 1 teaspoon vanilla, and egg, and add to flour mixture. Stir just until moist.
- Spoon 2/3 of the batter into the prepared pan.
- Spread raspberry mixture evenly over the batter.
- Spoon remaining batter over raspberry mixture. Top with almonds.
- Bake for 40 minutes, or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool for 10 minutes on a wire rack.
- Combine confectioners’ sugar, milk, and 1/4 teaspoon vanilla. Stir well. Drizzle glaze over cake.
- Serve warm or at room temperature.