TALK! With Claudia- Opioids, Steve Scalise, and MoreJune 13, 2018
Car Talk with Nimey’s- Traveling with Boats and How Cars have Changed Over the YearsJune 15, 2018
2 cups chopped fresh strawberries
1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup regular rolled oats
1/2 cup butter, softened
3/4 cup packed brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1 egg (substitute ½ cup unsweetened applesauce for eggless version)
1/4 cup milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Combine the strawberries with 1/4 cup sugar in a medium bowl. Toss gently to blend, and set aside.
- Combine the flour, baking soda, and cinnamon in a large bowl.
- Stir in the rolled oats and blend evenly; set aside.
- Beat the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar in the large mixing bowl of an electric mixer at medium speed until fluffy.
- Add the egg, milk, and vanilla, and continue beating until smooth.
- Stir in the flour mixture, and mix well to blend.
- Combine the strawberries with the flour mixture, and stir to blend.
- Drop by teaspoonfuls onto ungreased baking sheets.
- Bake in preheated oven until slightly brown, about 8 minutes. Cool on baking sheets. Store in an airtight container.