TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. Bake: 25 min.
MAKES: 16 servings
3/4 cup mashed potatoes
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup canola oil
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/8 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup chopped pecans, optional Confectioners’ sugar
1. In a large bowl, combine the mashed potatoes, sugars, oil, eggs and vanilla.
2. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking powder, and salt;
3. Gradually add to potato mixture.
4. Fold in pecans if desired. Transfer to a greased 9-in. square baking pan.
5. Bake at 350° for 23-27 minutes or until toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean.
6. Cool on a wire rack. Dust with confectioners’ sugar. Cut into bars.
Yield: 16 servings