Ex-teacher who allegedly fled Tennessee with teen girl wants to change pleaMarch 30, 2018
Two coalition personnel killed by IED in SyriaMarch 30, 2018
2 tablespoons butter
3 medium onions, cut into ¼-inch slices
1 ¾ teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
3 cups heavy whipping cream
2 sprigs fresh thyme
2 sprigs fresh sage
2 cloves garlic, crushed
½ teaspoon black pepper
2 ½ lb sweet potatoes, cut into ¼-inch slices
1 lb Yukon potatoes, cut into ¼-inch slices
2/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Prepare 9×13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- In 12-inch skillet, heat butter over medium heat. Add onions and salt, cook 15-20 minutes, stirring frequently until onions are dark brown.
- Add balsamic vinegar, cook and stir 1-2 minutes until onions are dark brown.
- 1n Dutch oven, add whipping cream, thyme, sage, garlic and pepper.
- Heat to a boil over medium heat. Remove from heat, let stand for 10 minutes.
- Remove thyme, sage and garlic.
- Return to medium heat, add sweet and Yukon potatoes. Cook and stir until potatoes are hot (about 5 minutes).
- Spread 1/3 onions in bottom of baking dish. Layer half of the potato mixture, another 1/3 onions and 1/3 of Parmesan cheese.
- Repeat with remaining potato mixture and onions. Drizzle any remaining cream over onions and sprinkle remaining Parmesan cheese over top.
- Cover with foil and bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove foil and continue to bake for 25-30 minutes, until potatoes are tender and brown and bubbly.
- Remove from oven and let stand 10 minutes before serving.