What’s changed one year after US missile strikes in SyriaApril 6, 2018
Palestinians gear up for more Gaza protests after bloody startApril 6, 2018
¾ cup butter, softened
1 cup sugar
¼ cup brown sugar, packed
1 large egg (substitute ½ cup unsweetened applesauce for eggless version)
1 cup uncooked sweet potato, shredded
3 tablespoons orange juice concentrate
2 cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
½ teaspoon baking soda
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 ¼ cups oats
1 cup butterscotch chips (or flavor of choice)
1 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped pecans (or nut of choice)
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugars until light and fluffy.
- Beat in egg (or applesauce), sweet potato and orange juice concentrate.
- In a separate bowl, combine flour, baking powder, cinnamon, baking soda, salt and nutmeg.
- Gradually add to creamed mixture and mix until well blended.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls, 2 in. apart on to prepared baking sheets.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15-20 minutes, until firm.
- Remove to wire racks to cool.
Adapted from tasteofhome.com