July 10, 2019

Death of American scientist found in WWII bunker in Greece was result of a criminal act, authorities say

Biotechnology Center of the TU Dresden(NEW YORK) -- The death of an American scientist whose body was found in an abandoned World War II bunker in Greece is being investigated as a criminal act, according to local authorities. Molecular biologist Suzanne Eaton, 59, was visiting the Greek island of Crete for a conference, but she vanished on July 2. Greek police would not release any additional details. Eaton's body was found in northwest Crete, about 7 miles from where she had been staying ..
July 10, 2019

Duchesses Kate and Meghan brings kids to watch Princes William and Harry play polo

Samir Hussein/WireImage(BERKSHIRE, England) -- The next generation of royals -- Prince George, Princess Charlotte, Prince Louis and royal baby Archie – turned out in full force Wednesday to watch their dads, Princes William and Harry, compete at a charity polo match. Archie's mom, Meghan, the Duchess of Sussex, was photographed holding her 2-month-old son and giving him a kiss on the head. It marks the first time Archie has been spotted publicly since Meghan and Prince Harry debuted him to ..
July 10, 2019

UK ambassador to the US quits over leaked cables criticizing Trump

Riccardo Savi/Getty Images for Capitol File Magazine(LONDON) -- The U.K. ambassador to the United States has quit in the midst of a scandal caused by comments he made about President Donald Trump that were leaked to the British media. In the leaked cables, Kim Darroch allegedly called Trump "inept" and "uniquely dysfunctional," according to a report from the Daily Mail published Sunday. Ambassador Darroch announced his resignation after Trump dialed up his criticism of the diplomat on Tuesday, ..
July 10, 2019

Dozens hospitalized after carbon monoxide leak at Winnipeg hotel

wsfurlan/iStock(WINNIPEG, Manitoba) -- More than 45 people have been hospitalized, over a dozen in critical condition, after a carbon monoxide leak at a hotel in central Canada. The carbon monoxide leak originated in a boiler room at a Super 8 hotel in Winnipeg, Manitoba's capital and largest city. An automatic alarm was triggered, bringing the Winnipeg Fire Paramedic Service to the scene, Chief John Lane said at a press conference Tuesday. There were 52 people at the hotel, including staff..