TALK! With Claudia- Tax Plan, Immigration, and More!October 11, 2017
TALK! With Claudia- Kurt Wyman, Campaigning, Trump, and MoreOctober 18, 2017
6 large apples, any variety (approximately 3 pounds)
1 tablespoon lemon juice
1/2 cup water
Optional: cinnamon, honey, maple syrup, sugar to desired taste
- Peel and chop the apples: Peel the apples, then cut them into quarters and slice out the cores. Roughly chop apples into 1- to 2-inch pieces.
- Combine all ingredients in the bowl of the slow cooker, and close the lid.
- Cook the applesauce: Cook on high for 4 hours, or low for 6-7 hours, stirring twice during cooking.
- Puree or mash the applesauce to your desired chunkiness and consistency. Sprinkle in more cinnamon, sugar, honey, maple syrup – to taste.
- Cool and store: Cool the applesauce, then divide between several containers. Cover and store in the refrigerator for up to 5 days, or freeze for up to 3 months.