Two of the ISIS executioner ‘Beatles’ captured in SyriaFebruary 9, 2018
Mike Bosak and Jim Brock Discuss Opposing the Proposed Downtown HospitalFebruary 9, 2018
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/4 cup white sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup butter, chilled
1 apple – peeled, cored and shredded
1/2 cup milk
2 tablespoons milk
2 tablespoons white sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Whisk together flour, sugar, baking powder, soda, and salt into a large bowl.
- Cut in butter or margarine until crumbly.
- Add shredded apple and milk. Stir to form a soft dough.
- Turn dough out onto a lightly floured surface. Knead gently 8 to 10 times.
- Pat into two 6-inch circles. Place on greased baking sheet.
- Brush tops with milk, and sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Score each into 6 pie-shaped wedges.
- Bake at 425 degrees F (220 degrees C) for 15 minutes, or until browned and risen.